SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

oil for a ferguson 1954

Sarah S Does anyone know what type of oil I should use in my 1954 TEA 20 Ferguson Tractor. Also interested in the Horsepower and type of transmission fluid. It is a 4 cylinder.

I appreciate it.

Sarah S

bontai Joe In 1954, I am reasonably sure that straight 30 weight oil was the recommendation. I would think that any 10W-30 would be fine as ALL motor oils of today are greatly improved over 1954 specs. As to HP, something like 16 HP at the drawbar and 22 at the motor. I am not sure what lubricant to use in the transmission, but it might be listed on a tag somewhere on the tranmission housing?
rich4 The tested horse power was 20.7hp drawbar and 24hp at the PTO. The original 30 weight recommendation for the transmission was non-detergent as the transmission oil also was the hydraulic oil. I would stay close to the original oil recommendation. A high quality HY/TRANS oil would also work. Stay away from a detergent motor oil, it may affect the hydraulics functions.
jeff I have a ferguson to35 , the oil plug says 90W for summer and 120W for winter , can you guys tell me the type of oil/hyd fluid to use and how much ?? please, thanks

JB

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: