SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall fast hitch plow problem on 130

Donald Wright
Purchased Farmall 130 with single point fast hitch. Installed the plow and I cannot get the point to dig in. The plow, when lowered, sets level or slightly pointed up. Looks like the front of the single point fast hitch needs to be lower. Please HELP !!
I saw in the parts book a long Draft Link Rod that looks like it would attach to the front of the fast hitch (where it is now connected to the tractor) and extend up to the front hydraulics for adjustment. Is this what I am Missing? Please HELP !!

Hugh MacKay Donald: You have it right on, you can not plow with front of hitch pined to bottom of platform. You need the link that runs from front of hitch up to rockshaft on right side of the fuel tank.

The front of the hitch height controls plow depth and with link attached to rockshaft you can change plow depth on the go hydraulically. Very usefull feature should you encounter hard spots in a fields.

There is another reason for plows not penetrating. With plows level on a floor, if the points look like sled runners, they will also act like sled runners and ride plow right out of soil. Basically your getting that same effect with front of hitch too high.

Hugh MacKay Donald: One other item, the front link is quite easy to fabricate. If you wish I can measure the link on my 130.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: