Lull Shovel Loader hydraulic fluid

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Lull Shovel Loader hydraulic fluid

dieseldave56 I have a 1950 Case DI w/Lull Shovel Loader. Time to do some cylinder seals and change the filter and hydraulic fluid.
Problem is I can not find any information on what was used originially as hydraulic fluid. The previous owner drained and flushed the system with AFT to clean it replaced hoses, ect and filled it with AW32.

Since then the packing gland seals have started to 'weep' when the tractor sits (low psi).
So, long winded me would like to know what originally was used as hydraulic fluid and what viscosity? My guess would be to use AW46 or AW68 if I can get an answer. Opinions?

dieseldave56 Ahh Dave, the 1950 Lull Shovel Loader required an SAE 10 weight motor oil, this is close to the AWH 32 hydraulic oil. You certailnly can try AWH 46 ( similiar to SAE20) or AWH68 ( SAE 30) with out problems I would assume in summer temps where you live. Winter would most likely require draining 2-3 gallos of the hydraulic oil and repalcing it with the same amount of AFT. Kerosine was recommended in my 1950 Case manual but I would NOT put kerosine in.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: