1944 farmall m

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1944 farmall m

chad smith the rearend locks up took off right side brake
cover and see i need a bearing behind brake
my question is this bearing a common bearing i
can buy at the case dealership?

chad smith this is a 1944 farmall m
bontai Joe It should be a common "inch" size bearing, and if not available at a Case dealership, should be available at any industrial supply company, and probably at most larger auto and truck parts stores. You will need the outside diameter, the inside diameter and the length of the outside housing. Study which side the lube was on, and that side should NOT have seals, and the dry side should be sealed, or get a totally sealed bearing and rely on the internal grease in the bearing to keep it lubed for quite a long time.
chad smith when i took off the brake the bearing was gone
can i take left side off and take that bearing
out to have the right mearuments? and replace them both.

bontai Joe I'm not sure what you mean by the bearing was gone? I can visualize the balls might be gone, but the inner and outer races (collars that the balls ride inside of, that are the dimensions needed) are gone also? Hmmmmmm..... I'll have to ponder that for a little bit.
chad the only thing left is a small spring looking
thing the shaft is worn down like they may
have drove it for along period of time.
unless they took it out to get one and did not tell me

bontai Joe If the shaft is worn down, you will need to do more than just replace the bearing, the axle will need to be replaced as well. I haven't been able to find the bearing # you need, but I'm pretty sure a Case dealer will have info on it, or you can get aftermarket manuals for this tractor off the internet. Infact this site we are on sells manuals.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: