Scam or not?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Scam or not?

Troy Hi,
I just got an email that I'm not sure if it is on the up and up. It's from Stefano griffin griffin_2k7@yahoo.com.hk
Has anyone else got an email from this person?
Here is what the message of the email says..
HELLO
I saw your Farm Tractor advert placed on on internet website www.ssbtractor.com , am interested in purchasing your Tractor and i will like to know the details of the Tractor kindly get back to me with the pictures.Email me if the Tractor is still avaliable for sale and what is the present condition of the Tractor.Do you accept payment by cashier check or money order
1.How long have you owned it?
2. Why are you selling it?
3. In your opinion, what sort of condition is it?
4. Any available photo?
5.ASkingprice
Regards

bontai Joe Thr .hk at the end of their e-mail address indicates it is an overseas internet service provider, most likely Hong Kong, I'd probably avoid dealing with them.
Steve Walker Hi Troy,

I received the exact same e-mail as you did from Stefano Griffin. He will now request that you send him a mailing address. He will explain that he has a US certified cheque amounting to $4,000.00 more that the purchase price you require. He will send this cheque to your mailing address for you to deposit in your account. You will then send $4,000.00 to him or his agent to reimburse him for the overpayment. He will have your money deposited into his account (British Columbia or Seattle) before your bank notifies you that his certified cheque is fraud.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: