Ford 1956 800 parking brakes

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 1956 800 parking brakes

Bob Wellman I have a 1956 Ford 850. I want to have the two parking brakes functionable, but some parts are missing. The parts that are installed on the tractor are the two gear teeth plates mounted to the rear axle housing, the yokes mounted to the brake shafts, and the actual brake set teeth that on mounted on the brake shaft yokes. These brake set theeth actually set the brake, but they are rigid in the yokes, and will not rotate. How do I get these set teeth to rotate, so they will engage? Also, the set rods that you pull up on are missing. The shaft that holds the set teeth also has a a flat arm with a circle on the other end. I assume that the set rods go through the circle area to set the brakes. I have a good photograph of this area and it shows the installed parts and also whats missing.

Some one please help me, so that I can make these parking brakes functionable.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: