Farmall "H" Seat Shock Arrangement

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall "H" Seat Shock Arrangement

Pete Di. I have a 1949 Farmall "H" the has an a different seat shock arrangement. The Shock is located all the way back behind the seat spring and the seat.
At the very ass end of the tractor. The shock is large around 12", compared to othe one's I seen. I have seen this arrangement on other "H's" so I think it is factory.
Can anyone tell me what the part number would be for this shock or another source to locate one. Many thanks. Pete Di.
Ed S : I have a 1949 Farmall "H" the has an a different seat shock arrangement. The Shock is located all the way back behind the seat spring and the seat.
: At the very ass end of the tractor. The shock is large around 12", compared to othe one's I seen. I have seen this arrangement on other "H's" so I think it is factory.
: Can anyone tell me what the part number would be for this shock or another source to locate one. Many thanks. Pete Di.

Hi Pete :in answer to your question about the shock on your seat.As best as I can find out it is not an IH seat but some kind of aftermarket item that was available from someomne else.I worked for an IH dealer and this seat assembly was not listed in the parts books.I have a FARMALL M that has the same seat and I had the same problem.I don't know where you live,but if you have an NAPA parts store near you go in and ask for a shock Part No 94008.The demensions are with the shock closed 12 inches,with the shock extended 19 1/2 inches.The shock comes with bushings so you can replace the tapered bolt with a regular bolt,you might need to make the bolt hole bigger on one end,but this should end your search.Keep in mind that NAPA shocks are manufactured by MONROE so if you have a MONROE dealer near you they could cross reference it for you.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: