Case CC cylinder removal?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case CC cylinder removal?

Jon My 1937? Case CC is in need of 3 new cylinders (thanks to tidybowl and a well intentioned relative). The puller setup I made is not pulling the sleeve out. Does anyone have a tip or info on how I can pull the sleeves myself, or is this something that must be done by a machine shop.....help?
Dave Thomson Can you use your welder and run a bead the lenght of the cyl.? It doesn't have to be pretty, you just need to srink the cyl. alittle to break it loose from the block.
Doug Varcoe cut a small piece of wood to cover the bottom of the sleeve hold it up with a brace of some sort. fill the sleeve with Dry-Ice Wait for about
1 hour. the sleeve wiil lift out by hand use gloves to lift it out as your skin will stick to it.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: