Farmall Super A plow.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall Super A plow.

Aaron Fuss Wont work , will only scrape ground , will not dig in and furow , I may be missing some thing ,two hook up points in front the y shaped bar to front of tractor other end of y shaped bar bolted to front of plow tongue leading to sod cutting disk to plow then to the two points for hydrolic lift , when set down plenty of slack in hydrolic sliding are from front of tractor to bach to raise and lower plow .
Some thing missing , should there be more than plow and y bar?? Had three farmers look at cant figure it out , they said the point is like new but rusty , looks like it will dig in at star but then dose not and slides level on surface and makes a shallow scrape.

Thank you.

Alan Fannin I have the same type problem. I just got the tractor and plow. Trying to get it hooked up. Skids along the ground. I removed the front bolts from the draw bar leaving only the pins and it dug in and raised the rear wheels off the ground. Can any one HELP. Pictures would be great
teecee It sounds like you are missing a part. I have a 1951 Super A, so I am very familiar with it. As you know, you reverse the drawbar, mounting it in the forward position on the rear bull gear housing. The two bolts holding the drawbar rigid on the mounting brackets (plates) must be removed so it will work up and down, controlled by the "Farmall Touch Control" lift. The front of the beam then has a plate, spring loaded, that bolts to the drawbar. It also has a lift rod, piece of flat stock with a curve in the top end, that goes up to the rockshaft arm of the hydraulic lift. You are able to change the attitude of attack of the point hydraulically. If you lower the front end, it will take the ground too much, stalling the tractor. If the front end of the plow is too high, it will just skate on top of the ground. I am not sure what you are calling the Y shaped bar. You don't mention the lift rod so I suspect you don't have it. If, as I suspect, you have the drawbar fastened rigid, the plow won't take the ground. Your comment about the Y shaped bar fastening to the front of the tractor bothers me. You either don't have the factory IH plow, or someone has bastardized it, or you are missing a part, or maybe all three. My father bought this tractor new when I was 10 years old, and I broke many acres of ground with it as I was growing up.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: