IH light duty model 300

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH light duty model 300

Moe Putney We are restoring this model 300 and have run into a challange. The electrical is ok now but I want to check the timing but you can't get at the bolt closest to the engine so we can adjust the timing and check it. We also have to remove the carb. and we can't get to the bolt closest to the engine? We also need to get a manual. The model 300 is is from 1944. We have a lot to learn and would really appreciate a helping hand (information). Tks Moe
1-403-274-4900.

TDK It takes some patience, but you can get to the dist. bolt in the back. A Farmall or International is from '55 - '56. I also posted on your question over on the" tractor discussion" forum.
brad That nut can be got if you ruin a cheap 9/16 box or open end wrench. I cut one off and put it in a vise and put a short length of 1/2" pipe and bent it just so and it goes around the carb and it takes a bit to get it bent just right but wil work. Another thing; don't use good american tools, the chinese ones bend easier.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: