starting out in antique collecting

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

starting out in antique collecting

kevin ruetsche hello all and may i first starty out by wishing you all a very merry christmas i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what woukd be a good tractor to get in starting out in antique collecting? like to just get my feet wet and see where i can go i like to go to shows and enjoy all the comarodery between the people any help?ty
jman I'd say look for something fairly common. Purchase price will be reasonable and parts will be much easier to find. Are you going to use the tractor, or just restore for show or parades? If you are going to use it, 3 pt hitch and PTO will be major considerations, as you will need those to run many of today's attachments. It really kind of depends what you like, but here are a few that would be great to start with (assuming you have no particular brand in mind):

Farmall H
Farmall C
Farmall M (this is the biggest of my suggestions)
Ford 8n
Ford Jubilee or NAA
Ferguson TO20 or TO30

There are hundreds more to pick from, but this might give you a starting point anyway. Welcome to the wonderful world of tractor collecting. I am assuming you have an adequate amount of patience and ingenuity. Good luck.

Joe

bontai Joe Also any year Farmall Cub, or Cub LoBoy, Deere model G, H, or M and many others. Do you have a memory of any relatives owning tractors (like your dad or grandfather, or an uncle)? Getting one of the same model can be very rewarding. And if you just want to get your feet wet with minimal investment, there are websites dedicated to repairing and restoring 1950's and 1960's vintage garden tractors, such as Gravely, Cub Cadet, Deere, Bolens, etc. The advantage is that these little guys take up less room if that's a consideration.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: