POWER KING TRACTOR KOHLER 14 HP OVERHEATS & STALLS

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

POWER KING TRACTOR KOHLER 14 HP OVERHEATS & STALLS

SCOTT REED My 1976 PowerKing 14 HORSEPOWER MODEL 1614 w/ Tandem Transmission 14 hp KOHLER ENGINE MODEL# K 3215 K321S has been overheating & stalling all season for the first time. First started this past spring with: sputtering, loud under-load pings, loss of power, smoke, & stalled. Thought it was carberater... gas was streaming out... so rebuilt... to no avail. Also replaced coil, some wiring, key switch, points & condenser. Now I am thinnking it may be head gasket since oil is leaking some. Seams nothing has been working, which has been very frustrating. Please help!!! Thanks in advance.
bontai Joe When replacing the points, were they properly gapped, it affects the timing which could cause the symptoms you describe. A sheared flywheel key may also be the culprit. These old "K" series cast iron Kohlers are usually extremely reliable engines and generally easy to fix. If your oil is leaking out around the head, then I'd definitely would pull the head and replace the gasket. Also inspect the block for cracks, valve seating. If this is above your comfort level, any good small engine mechanic can work on these, you don't necessarily have to go to a dealer.
carl If it is really overheating, Scott, I would take the shroud off and see that the motor fins are clean, and not caked with grease and grime, or plugged with debrise
Paul Thomas I believe your problem is your exhaust valve, they had a problem with them getting to hot and burning, they did have a replacement valve, called a stelite valve, I changed mind and havent had a moments trouble with it since.Good luck.
Paul Williams Did you fix your power king.
SCOTT REED The problem was fixed.
The points were not set to .020, when I checked & reset all symtoms disapeared.
Thanks to all that replied.

DOUG SIEFIRNG I NEED SOME HELP WITH THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM I FOUND THIS OLD TRACTOR IN A WOODS I REBUILT EVERY THING I HAVE A COIL,MAGNETO,GENERATOR I ORDERED THE PARTS THAT WAS ORIGINAL BUT I DONT KNOW HOW THE WIRING IS TO GO.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Ben Luna I am looking at buying one, how do i find out what year model it is ? It has a name plate on the motor that says it is a Kohler Model K321S, the tractor has a hydraulic lift and belly mowing deck but I can't seem to find any markings on the tractor..
Thanks
Ben

Bill P. There are various listings of serial numbers for Power King on thenet. There should be a serial number (1) on the grill and (2) on the instrument panel. I have the list but notwilling to put my e-Mail address on the web due to spam.

You shuld be able to find one by googleing for it. There are several discussion groups.

I will put this site in my favorites ans will check back in about a week.. IF you want me to look up the age, post the Serial number for the tractor and or your e-mail address.

Ben Luna Thanks Bill I found the info on the net . Only problem i am having now is finding the points i did an overhaul on teh carbureator but it is missing may need points .
Ben

Dean Albert Valve guides and Valves need replacingand re-gapping..... Problem solved.....
Dave Pingleton I trying to identify a Power King with Serial number 31893.
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Dave Ogren Dave, Your serial number 31893 is for a 1974 model. Good luck,

Dave Ogren in Asheville, NC

mike morris Is the electric clutch on my front PTO rebuidable I have a 1218 with a Kohler engine and the PTO is directly on the front of the engine. All it needs is the clutch material riveted on. Has anyone rebuilt thiers?
Chris Janco I have a 14 HP Power King with a 14 HP Kohler engine. I normaly am not to bad with wiring but I am really having broblems here .I have a wiring diagram but I am clue less. Mine has a retafier and front PTO. I baught a wiring harness off the internet but there is no hookup
for the rectifier and my ignitian switch is from a parts store ...battery , ign. , acc. and a terminal in the center. HELP PLEASE

Gary Bond Found this Economy power king 14hp w/kohler engine in barn when I bought old farm. it has a serial #17924. Can anyone tell me what year it is? I am trying to get it running. It is intact, except for surface rust and dry rotted tires. Thanx!
Edward O'Brick I have a 14hp kohler model k321s spec#601326,serial#3053174 my neighbor gave me. he got it from church. I rebuilt carb. and top of trans.runs great! Would love to know what year it is? thank you!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: