1948 McCormick Deering WD-6

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1948 McCormick Deering WD-6

Rick Hoto a.k.a. Flukey Harris. Just another update on thing's. I have found a manual only on this tractor, came across it by another person in Ohio. I have a little problem right now on trying to pull the back wheel hub's off. I want to replace the seal's in the axle shaft on both side's, plus the right wheel hub is cracked in 3 different place's. I've made a puller to bolt on were the wheel weight's would fasten to, and a center stock with a threaded 3/4 rod to push against the axle shaft, while pulling the hub. Right now nothing has happened. A little heat was applied but I'm afraid of the cast cracking or can it take alot of heat? I've been putting alot of penetrating oil on it for about a month now, but I think alittle tapping on the puller end and on the backside of the hub should do. Anyone have any tip's on this problem, post them on the site. Thank's, gotta get back to the garage.
Rick Hoto a.k.a. Flukey Harris Just another update on thing's. The wheel puller I made worked fine,as well as a little heat to make thing's come off easier. Right now I'm working on getting ready to start cleaning all the steel and cast for painting. There's not much left that's together to make it look like a tractor.Slow but sure, anyway. Gotta go, see ya!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: