fordson super major diesal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

fordson super major diesal

michele stofleth father in-law recently past and did nothing but mow around the fields with this tractor we dont have a manual nor canot find NO serial # s on tractor. how do we find what year it is for parts & service.
John McIntosh ( Just like the apple ) I have a 1961 Fordson super major that I have restored complete!! Look on a pad on the right front side of the engine block,this should be a 7 digit number and this would be the tractor serial number. E-mail this number back to me and I have a book that will give you the year and date the tractor was built !! Best Regards John McIntosh
Nigel Watts Can you help with the age of a Fordson Super Major on my wife's mother's farm? The serial number on the engine block is 1623223. Many thanks Nigel
Dennis Kuzara I just acquired a fordson super major diesel tractor engine s/n 08B775774. It also says FORD 5000 on the hood. I think it is around 1963 and would appreciate any specific info you might have. I would slso like to get a list of reasonably priced parts. It has a bucket and backhoe but does not have power steering, which makes it almost impossible to operate. I think my first order of business will be to retrofit power steering. Any ideas on this?
clifford marks serial number for my fordson super major diesel: 08B745915 It is painted yellow and has a ford loader and backhoe on it. The rear tire size is 16.9/14-26. I think it is classified as an industrial tractor. Please tell me what you all you can. Thank you, Cliff Marks
yrsa thomsen can you help me finding built year of my super major.s868388.thank you
Bill Gardner Hey John,
I have a 1963 Super Major 5000 also. No power steering is the pits. I was not sure if it would accept a front end loader, what brand is yours, was it modified to make it work? I have had a heck of a time locating some of the engine parts, I need a camshaft gear right now and no one seems to have one. I am looking into having one made, im shure that will be cheap!!. There are a lot of places on line that have accesories ie: hoses, filters and body parts, but not many with the hard parts. Good Luck, let me know about the loader.

Martin Has anyone figured out if it is possible (technically and financially) to add power steering to a Fordson Super Major? Thanks, Martin.
Gary Atkins hi, my father has just got an old super major, the serial number on the engine block is E1ADDN6015 and underneath that is T4, can anyone help with the age and date of manufacture.? Many thanks
M Meekel I just bought a 1963 Fordson super major diesel Ford 5000, s/n 08c971384, any information on how to break down the serial number?

Thank you.

C Barker I just found this page looking to replace my Super Major factory parts and service manuals as well as all manuals for the loader and back hoe that were lost in a garage fire in June 2012 so I don't know how old these posts are. I do know that www.agrilineproducts.com has tons of parts for all Majors including a power steering kit for 250 pounds sterling (under $500 last time I checked). I replaced axle bearings, disc brakes and clutch from there and I know they have complete engine rebuild kits for just about every Major ever made. They were a pleasure to deal with including fast, reasonably priced shipping considering delivery was from England to the U.S. (Michigan).
Manny Enriquez Hi I am looking to restore a Fordson Super Major

But dont know, what year was build, wich I need to

Order parts. The serial # is 1582909

Thank you, for any help.

Kevin Durston I have a 1961 Fordson super major diesel that I would like to add a front end loader to. Can anyone help me with what name brand and year or model will fit and where to find. I am living in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: