international harvester #9 mower

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

international harvester #9 mower

Tony Houston I have recently come across a IH mower # 9 . Tractor or horse pulled , this mower is in very good condition and the wooden post on it seems to be original. If anybody could help me with any informtion at all it would be helpful, as i can not find anything about it .
Dually I recently purchased an international harvester NO.9 mower. Was horse Drawn. I found out that it was converted to a power takeoff by a previous owner. I have been trying to find a picture of an original so I can change it back. Is it possible that you can email one? Maybe fromall sides. I am still trying to find out some info. If I do I will email you. Mine is military green. (Was used by the military here in Alaska years ago. Has a seat and also rubber tires. Thanks in advance. Dually, in Wasilla,Alaska
Hank My father recently passed away and left me to shut down the small farm he worked for the past forty years. He has a IH No. 9 I want to sell. It was originally mule drawn, but we pulled it with a Super A. We kept replacing the wooden tongue, but finally went to a steel pipe which lasted much longer. It hasn't been operated in the last 20 years or so, and I was surprised when I opened the onboard tool box and found the tools still in there after all these years. It has steel wheels (not rubber) and I will be glad to email you any pictures you may want. Just let me know.
Mark The Paint Committee decision #34 on January 14, 1927 has the colors for the IHC #9 mower.
It can be found at the following:
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/libraryarchives/ihc/paint/display.asp?pageurl=034_03.gif

The IHC Mowers Manual (MR-2) has the complete parts listings for the #9 and later mowers.
The mower manuals can be found on eBay from time to time for various $ amounts.

I hope this is what you're looking for.
Good Luck with your restoration.
Mark

David I too have a No#9 IH my father left me and i remember riding it as he pull it with a tractor in the mid 60's cutting hay. so Mark u think it was made in the 20's?Can't wait to look up paint specs.
Nelson Does anyone have the originial color of a #9?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: