1947 Adams Motor Grader

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1947 Adams Motor Grader

Mike I am presently restoring a 1947 Adams Motor Grader & trying to source the OEM paint colour which I believe was a shade of orange. I also have to replace the tires & wonder what the origional sizes were & tread types. thanx in advance. Mike
glenn mcandrew i would be happy to take picture of my old original 440 adams and e mail it to you.
Mike That would be great Glenn. What year is your 440? I don't think they started to build them until 1953. Is it an orange colour? We are restoring our unit as a surprise 50th Anniversary present for our owner & founder & are having a hard time coming up with the paint code. He often described it as an awful shade of orange. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx Mike
dean bartsch I have an adams model 201 I don't know the year yet. I lost the books on it but it is yellow and has I believe a u4 motor. I am looking to restore as well but for purpose's of using it as a grader. I like the idea of a belt drive. I need info on the motor and will post again when I find the year ect.
rayman as I remember them, they were a muddy brown orange, more pumpkin than anything. Go thru General's listings, they seem to have quite a few for parts.
MICHAEL OWENS WOULD ANY ONE HAVE INFORMATION ON WHAT WE THINK IS A 1955 ADAMS 440 MOTOR GRADER , WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE WEIGHT , LENGTH , & HEIGHT OF THE GRADER MIGHT BE ? WE HAVE BOUGHT THE GRADER OUT OF STATE AND NEED ANY INFORMATION THAT MIGHT BE OUT THERE , WE CAN NOT FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS GRADER ON THE WEB AT ALL, THANKS TO ALL.
Eric Hey i have two 201's and one runs and the other i have been using as a parts tractor do you have any pics? i could get some for you. Also do you have any info at all? capiano@msn.com
Ramond hey I have what I think is a adams 201 it has a 4 cylender gas motor and I would like to posibly rebuild the motor on it but I have no info as of yet as were to get parts if there even avalable I also want to get it running with the intention of using it to blade roads around my comunity any help any would be verry helpful
thanks raymond

Bertie Hunsinger I have an Adams scarifier model # 23, serial # SC1016 I am try to find info on. Any help would be appreciated. it has a GM diesel engine and is grading roads now.
Joe Jones I have just acuired a Adams motor grader SER# 3780 with IHC motor . It has a modle 14 scarfer .I am wondering the age/yr built .Can anyone help me out?
Glenn Hall I also have an adams 201 grader with some manuals. Would be glade to share information.Also would like to talk to Eric about a part I need. Glenn
GarryL I also have an Adams 201. The original color was a pumpkin orange, although I have since repainted it yellow.It has an IU-4 International gas engine in it. The Farmall model H tractor & the McCormick W4 as well as a few other farm tractors used the same U-4 engine. If required, I could probably find an old orange paint chip from this machine and mail it.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: