Twister tractors

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Twister tractors

Dail Howard I have a Twister Tractor that i plan to restore, looking for manuals, advertisements, or a parts tractor. I would consider trading or selling.
Stan Wentworth : I have a Twister Tractor that i plan to restore, looking for manuals, advertisements, or a parts tractor. I would consider trading or selling.

Stan Wentworth : I have a Twister Tractor that i plan to restore, looking for manuals, advertisements, or a parts tractor. I would consider trading or selling. I am buying a Twister and would like to corrispond with other Twister owners. Stan

ed anderson : : I have a Twister Tractor that i plan to restore, looking for manuals, advertisements, or a parts tractor. I would consider trading or selling. I am buying a Twister and would like to corrispond with other Twister owners. Stan

I have a Twister tractor too and its very difficult finding parts or literature. Have you had any luck? any response would be appreciated.

Sam Lecky To: Mr. Dale Howard

Ref: Twister Tractor

I realize this inquiry is rather dated, your
posting having been 3-6-01. But, I stopped by a
farm stand today just east of Joliet,IL to buy
some sweet corn and the old farmer had a Twister
tractor hooked up to small wagon. He uses it to
drive through muddy corn fields and pick corn by
hand, rather I think his wife rides in he wagon
and she picks the corn. The tractor has a 16 HP
cast iron Briggs and Straton one cylinder and it
runs like a top. However, he was complaining that
it would not charge the battery and that a couple
local repair shops wanted $ 350.00 to repair the
starter/generator (it's a Delco-Remy). I told him
that if would start the engine that it was
probably ok. I jumped past the voltage regulator
and the generator pulled the engine down
significantly indicating that it was charging.
I did not remove the regulator, but it looked like
an old 12 volt regulator on many old late 50's
Chevies that I used to work on.

Did you find any manuals etc. from your inquiries?
If so, could you e-mail any info about the reg?

Sincerely,
Sam Lecky

PS- he bought this Twister from Amtrak for $50.00
several years ago

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: