Illinois brand tractor 1919

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Illinois brand tractor 1919

Andy I have an instruction book and parts list for an Illinois "Master-Drive" tractor with "Super-Drive" supplement. Anyone have information on this tractor? Book is dated March 15, 1919. Bloomington, IL
Andy I think I have discovered why there is so little info available. According to a fellow on a usenet group, there are only two known remaining. He thought one was in the Smithsonian but I haven't been able to confirm that.
Dale(MO) Andy,
I'm not sure, but I think there was one around the town of Owensville, MO. It has been about 20 years since I saw the pictures of it, and I think the man who owned it has since passed away (he was no kid then). If memory serves me correctly, I think there was an auction at his place 3 or 4 years ago, and it was sold then. I may try to find out a little more, if I can.

Dale(MO) I'm not sure, but I think there was an Illinois tractor in the town of Owensville, MO. It has been about 20 years since I saw the pictures of it, but it was somewhere in that area. The owner has since passed away (he was no kid then), and if memory serves correctly, there was an auction at his place 3 or 4 years ago, and the tractor sold then. I may try to find more info on this - if I can. Good luck!
ken I KNOW OF TWO IL TRACTORS THE ONLY 2 AROUND THAT RUNS THEY ARE LOCATED IN bLOOMINGTON IL OWNER JIM ADAMS AS THEM BOTH
jim adams YES WE DO HAVE TWO ILLINOIS SUPERDRIVE TRACTORS
jim adams YES WE DO HAVE TWO ILLINOIS SUPERDRIVE TRACTORS
THAT ARE RESTORED.
THERE ARE NOT ANY ILLINOIS TRACTORS IN THE
SMITHSONIAN.
WE HAVE TRIED TO FIND OTHERS. WE HAVE FOLLOWED
LEADS BUT HAVE NOT FOUND ANY.
IF ANYONE ACTUALY KNOWS OF ANY ILLINOIS COMPLETE
TRACTORS WE WOULD LOVE TO VISIT WITH THEM.

john edgar Hi from Australia,
I have just obtained a tractor which may be an Illanois superdrive. Can anybody send information which may assist identifying this one? The rear wheel hub has "electric wheel company ---- illanois" cast in it.
The Australian company "Ronaldson Bros. and Tippett" located in Ballerat, manufactured the R & T Superdrive tractor, but began by importing the Illanois, and later on the components before local manufacture began.

john edgar Hi from Australia,
I have just obtained a tractor which may be an Illanois superdrive. Can anybody send information which may assist identifying this one? The rear wheel hub has "electric wheel company ---- illanois" cast in it.
The Australian company "Ronaldson Bros. and Tippett" located in Ballerat, manufactured the R & T Superdrive tractor, but began by importing the Illanois, and later on the components before local manufacture began.

john edgar Hello from Aust. I hope this reaches Jim Adams, I am interested in talking about illinois superdrive tractors

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: