BF AVERY MODEL A

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

BF AVERY MODEL A

Robert L Koller Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel
Les Dickerson : Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel

Robert, you may have bought a Cleveland Tractor Mfg. known as "The General". I have seen a lot of people refer to them as Averys. They look very similar and many parts are interchangable, and they were green.

Les Dickerson
Leonard, TX

Wes Kentch : : Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel

: Robert, you may have bought a Cleveland Tractor Mfg. known as "The General". I have seen a lot of people refer to them as Averys. They look very similar and many parts are interchangable, and they were green.

: Les Dickerson
: Leonard, TX

Wes Kentch : : Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel

: Robert, you may have bought a Cleveland Tractor Mfg. known as "The General". I have seen a lot of people refer to them as Averys. They look very similar and many parts are interchangable, and they were green.

Les may be right that it is a General GG made by Cleveland tractor but it could be a model A made by B.F.Avery Tractor Co.of Louisville,KY 1939to1942 Appearto have been obtained from Cleveland Tractor in 1943 the Model A was constructed in the Avery Louisville Plant and continued through 1950.B.F.Avery Company was bought out in 1951 by Minneapolis-Moline Co.A book published by MBI publishing and written by Peterson and Beemer Has some of this background and pictures.Also C.H.Wendel's book Farm Tractors 1890 to 1960 has alot of information about the Avery and B.F.Avery Companies.

The Avery tractors were sold by Montgomery Ward Co.from circa. 1942 to 1950 and were painted red and included the A and V models.All the General GG models I've seen were painted Oliver Green or Cletrac Yellow but I don't know what is correct.Hope this helps.

MIKE MARTIN : : Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel

MIKE MARTIN I need to know what the paint code is for a 1950 BF Avery, Model A, serial #19A-743D. I also need to know who would have a bevel gear for a power take off bell pulley, number of gear is 113767.

Just bought a model A BF Avery and would like sources for paint information and decals. This one is some sort of green, I think it should be red. Is their any books or magazines available? Missouri Bootheel

: : Robert, you may have bought a Cleveland Tractor Mfg. known as "The General". I have seen a lot of people refer to them as Averys. They look very similar and many parts are interchangable, and they were green.

: : Les Dickerson
: : Leonard, TX

Rusty I beg to differ. I've never seen a General GG painted green yet! All the ones in my books and calendars are painted a goldish-yellow.
Rusty

Mitch Mitchell A few weeks ago I purchased a BF Avery tractor, too - single front wheel, electric start, lights, live hydraulics, pto and pulley, from S&L Tractors in Gillet, Wisconsin. S&L has two Avery restorable or parts tractors still in the lot as of 02/22/03. My tractor is a fadded red, looks like original tires. I am also interested in finding the decals and paint colors. Thanks, MITCH
jerry i need to now the exact placement of the s/n
on a modle A or a BF Avery

thank you jerry

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: