SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Allis Chamlers hd6g track loader

ray wilborn I recently purchased a pre 1964 AC hd6g. It ran great and we changed out the fuel filters and I need to know how to prime the injectors.
Mel Ford Ray, if you think you need to bleed your fuel lines the easiest way would be to loosen the lines going in to the nozzle/injector and crank the engine over until fuel starts to come out, tighenten them back up and it should start.I don't know if this info might be helpful too, we would start by running the tractor till it was warm and shuting it off, turn the main fuel line off at the bottom of the fuel tank. Remove your filters,clean,replace with new cartridges,and then fill those with as much clean fuel as possible so as not to spill when you screw them back on. After there back on you should be able to remove the bolt in the center of the filter (it's very small)for bleeding the air out of the system. Turn the fuel back on at the tank and watch for fuel to finish filling your filters. Keep in mind the more fuel in the tank the more pressure for your gravity flow to fill your filters. Put the plugs back in the top of the filter when you think the air has escaped.In most cases this senario would allow you to fire back up immeadiatly with out having to bleed out your nozzle lines. Good Luck! (let us know if it worked)

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: