SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

question about oil leak

jhk
I have a 1953 Allis Chalmers WD. I have noticed a severe oil leak in front of the oil pan on the front part of the engine. I believe it is where the hand crank enters the block. What gasket or seal do I need to replace to stop the leak? How difficult is it to replace that seal or gasket? What references can I use to show how to disassemble that area to replace that gasket or seal?

Jeff Z. Should just be a bad front crankshaft seal in the timing gear cover.
Not a bad job.
You can see the breakdown in the online AGCO parts books.

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/EpsilonWeb/login.aspx?

Jeff Z. An Allis Chalmers WD service manual or an I&T WD service manual should be some help.
andy jacobson what kind of oil do you use in your allis chalmers wd

Jeff Z. I use 10w-30 Valvoline all year.

Allis wanted
10w below zero
20w above 0 below 32
30w above 32

10w-30 covers it.

andy jacobson do you use synthetic oil or non synthetic
Jeff Z. I just use regular motor oil.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject: