SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

7040 hydraulic problems

scott I have problems with the hydraulics on my 7040 Allis Chalmers tractor. The hydraulics were weak so I took all the pumps aparts. Everything looked good but now it won't steer. The oil doesn't seem to pump out of the left filter. Any advice would be nice.
tom brooks Have ame issue. Hydraulics worked fine but the power steering pressure line burst(vibrated on transmission case). Replaced line now I have no hydraulics in steering or piston pump. Changed filters, oil, cycled steering, but pumps still seem to be scavaging for oil. Tranny and clutch pump work fine. Any Ideas?
gordon hirschfeld try pressurizing the hydraulic resevoir that should do it if all is well
jeff walkeden hydraulics quit working on 7040 ac, noise in rear end tractor won't move
Jim Thomas I had the same problem with my 7040. The left filter was not opening the internal shut off valve. So,I add .150 shim to the back of filer and all my hydraulics, steering works fine not and so does my three point lift and pto.
dean have oil leak,seems to be oil from powershift. coming from between trany? and large hyd pump protected by skid plate. is there a seal between pump+housing or is it the pump itself that needs rebuilding? can i put trans/hydraulic oil in powershift or is there special oil for it?
steve dean, there is a seal or gasket between the pump and housing. take the skid plate off and see where its leaking. the transmission takes 821 power fluid the same as the rear end. the dipstick and fill pipe is under the seat. dont lose the spacer on one bolt for the skid plate. there are three pumps bolted together and if you are not having any issues with hydraulic functions should be no need for rebuilding.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: