SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

allis challmer's hd11 steering clutch

nate i'm trying to find some instructions on how to adjust/change an hd11 dozer's steering clutch for my father. other than paying for a manual, does anyone have instructions on how to do this? or possibly another site i can find this info?
Jeff Z. Try This site:

http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_list.aspx

hector gemme
To adjusted the stering cluch remove the seat cusion, loosen the jam nut of the adjustable yoke at the front end off the stering cluch control rod,extending from the stering lever of the stering control rod lever of the stering cluch throwout shaft. Remove the yoke pin connecting the adjustable yoke of the stering cluch control rod to the stering lever,then turn the yoke to lengthenor shorten the rod as necessary to obtain 3inchs free travel at the topof the stering lever. When the correct adjustement is obtainned,connect the adjustement yoke to the stering lever,then thigten the jam nut.

sheldon longhurst i've got an hd11 don't use it much was working just fine the time I drove it a month or so ago. started it up and the left steering clutch won't engage. so I can't turn left unless I back up and use the other clutch. took the cover off and looked in pretty greasy and looks like maybe a little water got in. It has a grease zerk only on the left side greased it up good and still nothing. any sugestions? Is it supose to be a dry clutch yes?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: