SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

WD MANURE LOADER CYL LEAK

LARRY i HAVE A 1948 WD WITH A FREEMAN MANURE LOADER, THE TAG ON THE LOADER SAYS FREEMAN WD 9 MADE FOR ALLIS CHALMERS. Both lift cyl. leak out the end, I took the 4 bolts out of the cap on the end of cyl and it looks like a packing in there. do i just need to repace the packing?
Thanks for any help.

Tim I have the same setup on my WC. yes you should replace the packing if the four bolts are bottomed out and cant be tightened any further. (mine still had about an 1/8 inch space between the cap and the cylinder) I just tightened the four bolts and the packing became wicked with hydraulic fluid and quit leaking.
j.w.freck the packing under the 4 bolt cap is just a dirt wiper.you need to dismantel the cylinders by removing the threaded end cap,the seals should be of the chrevon type.they are easy to reseal,provideing you have no ram or barrel damage.
Art Feierabend where do i find seals for these rams

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: