SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3-point hydraulic piston 1980 AC 5020 4 WD

Kent Adlong I have a 1980 Allis Chalmers 5020 in 4 Wheel Drive. The hydraulic system Lowering Adjusting bolt was broken some years ago. I just replaced the hydraulic pump after she gave up the ghost and died. Now I have the pressure but the 3-point does not work after about 10 minutes of running and there is a lot of screeching noise that starts to come from the piston area after it starts to fail. I vented the entire system and it runs very good until it starts to fail. I was told to change the setting on the flow control valve but it cannot be moved. I am looking for the lowering adjusting bolt because I feel the valve has some corrosion and is leaking by after it warms up.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I understand this is a similar tractor to the Mas-Ferg 210-4. The M-F part number 3280395M1. The part has been discontinued and I was wanting to make the unit work. It only has 880 hours on it and my aunt and I maintain our little farm with it.

Have a great day.

bob hyndman I to have a 5020 4wd. I have just broken my right front axle and require a new case, gears and bearings. Any idea where I might shop for parts new or used?

The Massey 1010 has many similar parts.And Simplicity 9523. my tel/fax #902 687-3400

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):