allis hd6g break band help

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

allis hd6g break band help

charles cole Left break wont turn. on my allis hd6g I Pulled inspection cover and noticed that loop on the bottom side of the break band was cracked and the adjuster WILL NOT TURN AT ALL. what proceedure should I do to remove the break band so It can be welded or replaced I do not have the repair manual so I am compleetly confused thanks for any of the help
charles

hector gemme You should removed the fuel tank and take off all the pine on brake band and turn half the band to take off the pine betwen the 2 band and after you can pull out the band and you can weld that crack band. LET ME KNOW

HECTOR

charles cole hector what do you mean by (take off all the pine on brake band) I have the band pulled up where i can see the hinge where the top and bottom band connect i removed one of the carter pins but have not got the pin out yet I have been doing this from the top cover Is there a nother acess point behind the tank?

thanks charles

charles cole hector what do you mean by (take off all the pine on brake band) I have the band pulled up where i can see the hinge where the top and bottom band connect i removed one of the carter pins but have not got the pin out yet I have been doing this from the top cover Is there a nother acess point behind the tank?

thanks charles

hector gemme

HI Sorry I ben out all the day for removing the brake band you have a pine on the adjustement fork and the second one you have too to take off a plug being the sprocket and in this hole you will see the pine with ahole in center with tread and you need a long screw fine
for pulling that pine after you turne the band in front side and you can have the pine for separated the band. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH WRITHING.
HECTOR

hector gemme HI I could send you a HD6 photo brake page if you want send me your name,adress and zip code.

HECTOR

eric There is an access hole above track, remove plug in casting next to the pin and insert a fine threaded rod into pin from outside bay just above track, use rod as makeshift puller and remove pin.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: