AC 185

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

AC 185

Bruce Thompson Considering buying AC 185, I was told it jumped out of 3rd gear sometimes. Is this a problem common to this tractor or is there major problems? Can anyone tell me common problems with this series tractor?
John Hamilton I have a 185, it is a good tractor BUT jumping out of gear is a common problem. What happens is the power director cluch doesn't release totally when you push the foot clutch in so when changing gears the trans still spins. What some people might do is try to put it in gear and just keep grinding it. Therefor it gets worn down. What is best it to use the power dirctor lever and go to neutral or just make sure to be patient when going into gear. I have heard of people running the tractors like that for years. You just have to watch going down hills. Thats when it will usually pop out. I can tell you more about what I have done if you like. Just send me an email.

John

Bruce Thanks for the reply, John, I sure do appreciate the information. If there is anything else you would like to add, please jump in there.
ED I'VE PURCHASED A 185 AC AND HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT STARTING.I'VE REPLACED AND CLEANED INJECTORS AND TIPS, AND BOUGHT A NEW PLUNGER TO BRING FUEL TO THE INJECTORS, AND STILL NO AVAIL. THE FUEL PUMP WORKED BEFORE I CHANGED THE INJECTORS. I HAVE FUEL GOING AS FAR AS THE FILTER BUT NOT TO THE INJECTORS. I WAS WONDERING WHETHER THERES A SHUT OFF VALVE UNDERNEATH THE LINES THAT WOULDN'T ALLOW IT GO THROUGH.I'VE ALSO CHECKED SCREENS AND SEDIMENT BOWL AND COMPLETELY CLEAN. IF YOU HAVE NAY OTHER SUGGESTIONS, IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKYOU

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: