180 allis hydraulic pump

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

180 allis hydraulic pump

Donnie Knott I have a 180 Allis chalmer diesel. It has a front end loader with quick detach to a joy stick. we took the loader off. Made a mistake and failed to mark the connections with the hoses. Put loader back on tractor. Loader does not lift like it should. It seems to be loading up the engine when the loader is going down. Today I was using the tracotor and a crack blew in the hydraulic pump housing. Can this crack be welded. It occurred right in the center of the pump (appears to be a plate in the pump about 3/4 inch in width.
Does anyone know how to reconnect the hydraulics to the loader? Also what is the chance of welding this pump housing? Also is the pump most likely a one way or two way or three way pump.

Help?????

John Hamilton I have a 185 and believe the pumps are the same. I just rebuilt mine myself. The pump is a 3 stage pump. The first stage (closest to the front of tractor) is the power steering stage and power director stage, the center stage is the lift stage, and the rear stage is for traction boost (draft control). I'm not sure but you may blown a wear plate seal and that will cause it to leak in the middle. Each stage comes apart and there is a gear plate that is bolted between each housing (where your lines come out). I sounds like to me the lines were hook up wrong and may have cause an over presure in the pump. If you get a service manual (30 bucks or so) they have really clear explaination of taking the pump apart and assemble. I hope this helps.

John

Terrence Tootle I have a 180 that will start going and stop about every 20 feet or so. When it stops nothing works please help don't know anything about hydraulic!!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: