Allison model 200

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Allison model 200

Jeremy Flamand I've got an Allison model 200 that is giving me a ton of headaches. The problem occurs only when the temperature drops below freezing. When it gets cold, the transmission, power steering and the pto all stop working. I can start the thing up and let it run for hours and nothing changes. Once it warms up in the spring, everything works again. I have low viscosity hydraulic oil in it and the hydraulic pump has been bench tested and is working fine. Anyone have any ideas?
rod : I've got an Allison model 200 that is giving me a ton of headaches. The problem occurs only when the temperature drops below freezing. When it gets cold, the transmission, power steering and the pto all stop working. I can start the thing up and let it run for hours and nothing changes. Once it warms up in the spring, everything works again. I have low viscosity hydraulic oil in it and the hydraulic pump has been bench tested and is working fine. Anyone have any ideas?

I would drain all fluid out and flush system with kerosene or diesel fuel sounds like you have water in the system that is freezing up. regards
rod

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: