PTO problem,Allis-Chambers180 Diesel

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO problem,Allis-Chambers180 Diesel

Reginald Poupore Have a 180 Allis that pto won't ingage.Did work for some time,had no link going to lever.Is there a possiblity that the lever jump out of place won't go up or down.Wonder if the detent ball and spring came out of wack.I take that the tractor might have to be disassemble to correct problem.Is there any access to the lever from the bottom base where the hydraulic oil is drained.
theres a small cover about 3 inches wide by 8 or so long which the pick up tubes go.
Any info would be helpfull thank you

chan gray yep, i got the same problem! i just received a service manual and will be starting on my pto soon. i will let you know what i find. if you get done before me let me know what you got in to. good luck , chan
Reginald Poupore Thanks for the e-mail
haven't tackle the job yet,winter up north along
Canadian border can be a bit harsh my outside garage doesn't give much
of a break fromm the weather.The tractors a friend
of mind.Just so happento lock in PTO when I ued it.looking forward to the
challenge,will keep you informed thanks again

Dave Chamness Did either of you gentlemen get this fixed? I have a 190 XT with the same problem, it sounds like. If I pull up on the lever really hard, the pto will turn. Let go, it stops. Any ideas?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: