SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Allis-Chalmers HD20 speed control

Norman File I have an HD 20 Bulldozer that was not used for 3
years. It ran perfectly when it was parked. The
injectors were partially clogged when I cranked it. but I added a chemical to the fuel and ran it for 30 minutes or so and that solved the injector problem, but now the accelerator lever has no
effect on the speed of the engine. It continually runs at maximum RPM. Any suggestions that may help me with this problem will certainly be appreciated. Please e-mail them to me at Thank you so much.

hector gemme You should check your fuel control linkage and governor
thepumpguysc You never said what engine you have..
If its a Detroit, the injector rack is more than likely stuck..
If its got a American Bosch MDL 100 style pump on it, the fuel control is suck. Just remove the 4 7/16 screws on top of the governor and pull back and forth on the "fulcrum lever" to try to free it up.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: