SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Allis B transmission oil

Scot Warner A neighbor dropped off a '52 Allis B for me to get running for him. That's done but now there are other issues such as brakes and transmission oil full of water. All the transmissions I've flushed with diesel fuel didn't have hydraulics combined with them. I got a nice transmission/hydraulic oil to put in there but not sure I should flush the system with diesel. My thinking is to waste 7 quarts and drain it out after a while and replace it. Anyone have other ideas?
Butch I would fill with oil again, run it and flush it again.
There are 3 drain plugs.
20w non-detergent motor oil will work fine in that transmission. Has worked well for the past 65 years in my B's and C's and they have been worked hard on my 200 acres.

Scot Warner Hey thanks Butch. That's what I did. These boys down here barely stock straight 30 engine oil so I used the combo stuff. Made a huge difference already. Quieted the gears big time. Final drives were nearly empty too. I put 90 weight in those same as my wd45. Thanks again.
Butch I would drain it after running it awhile and refill with 20w NON-DETERGENT Motor oil.They can order it in for you.
True Value Hardware usually has it.

ebrima colley
Re: Allis B transmission oil

good

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name: