hydraulic/tranny fluid

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

hydraulic/tranny fluid

Mike I have a 52 CA. From what I gather it uses a fluid that works for the hydraulics and transmission. I bought some today and it said it was to replace Power Fluid 821 for AC tactors. Is this the right lubricant?
Also, is it put in at the dip stick on the left side of what appears to be the tranny?

As you can tell I have never had a tractor, just got this one given to me, so I am going to play with it.
Thanks for your help
Mike

Tim Blaise No that is not the right lubricant. You actually will need power steering fluid not hydraulic and transmission fluid. I hope that this helps you out on your problems. Owning a tractor for the first time can be a buger but this should help.
Joe Rittenhouse According to the A-C Farm Equipment Service Manual, you should use 10w or 20w motor oil in the transmission, filling it through the dipstick you mentioned.

A more recent recommendation is to find a simular weight hydraulic fluid with anti foaming characteristics. Such fluid is available at farm co-ops feed stores etc and will specify use for transmission and hydralics.

Joe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: