CA

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

CA

JC I just bought a tractor(don't have the serial number handy) that is supposed to be a Ca. It has a two wheel front. The only thing is that I read that the Ca had 4 forward gears. This has only 3 forward gears on the diagram by the stick. Were there 3 speed Ca's? It has the Ca emblems, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.
jc : I just bought a tractor(don't have the serial number handy) that is supposed to be a Ca. It has a two wheel front. The only thing is that I read that the Ca had 4 forward gears. This has only 3 forward gears on the diagram by the stick. Were there 3 speed Ca's? It has the Ca emblems, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Also, has a 3 pt hitch, foot cluth, no hand clutch

Ira : : I just bought a tractor(don't have the serial number handy) that is supposed to be a Ca. It has a two wheel front. The only thing is that I read that the Ca had 4 forward gears. This has only 3 forward gears on the diagram by the stick. Were there 3 speed Ca's? It has the Ca emblems, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

: Also, has a 3 pt hitch, foot cluth, no hand clutch Sounds like you have a "C" which has 3 speeds forward.Both s look a lot alike.

Tim Blaise It could be a possibility that the owner before that had to change the tranny. But I think that they had a 3 gear one.

SjorsT The CA has a 4-speed 21,4KM/H transmission.The CA also has a second clutch in the rear axle and power-shift rear wheels. I'm from holland and we have 4 AC's at home: a 1952WD, 1954CA with small exhaust system and dual fuel system and traction booster, 1949G, and a 1939 ochard B.
Don : I just bought a tractor(don't have the serial number handy) that is supposed to be a Ca. It has a two wheel front. The only thing is that I read that the Ca had 4 forward gears. This has only 3 forward gears on the diagram by the stick. Were there 3 speed Ca's? It has the Ca emblems, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

I think you have a C model not a CA I worked for an Allis dealer in the early fifties and prepped many CA's wd's for delivery. Don in Mi.UP.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Allis Chalmers Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: