SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Electrical

ECE I have a MF 35 Serial # SGM 233269. I replaced the 12v battery. Still nothing no lights or turn over. I replaced the voltage Reg, Voltage solenoid, ignition switch, push button starter, neutral Saftey switch. I double checked the battery cable ground and its good. I'm getting 12v on battery but no where else. I did by pass everything and jumped from top volt solenoid to starter and it starts but when jumper is removed it dies. HELP!!! ece
ponymare There should be a heavy wire from the post on the starter solenoid where the battery cable is, that runs to the amp gauge. From the amp gauge a wire goes to the switch, make sure you have power at both amp gauge terminals.
ECE OK. Thanks. I did that now when I put the ground cable on it starts up without the key on. I disconnected all wires to the reg and it still attempted to start. Then took the wire off the starter solenoid and it still tried to start. Sound like a direct ground short. do a total rewire?????
ECE

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: