SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

power steering on massey ferguson 85

Joe White I am looking for the procedure for replacing internal power steering lines on a Massey Ferguson 85 gas engine. Internal line broke and pumped out all of the hydraulic fluid through the timing site hole. Do you have to split the tractor to gain access?
hymie2lt Hi Joe
Have you determined which line has a hole in it yet? Like I mentioned the right side hose CAN be replaced without splitting, although it is difficult.
Wayne

Joe White Wayne the power steering lines on this the MF85 are steel and there are two of them that run on the left side (when sitting in the seat) of the engine from the power steering unit and enter the case through rubber seals the leak is inside the case. There is a square access plate on the bottom of the case. When opened you can see a rubber high pressure line which is good. What you can't see or feel is how it is connected to the steel lines. The rupture is apparently in one of the steel lines and there is no room to work in there.
hymie2lt Hi Joe
OK, if your model has steel lines then I would think that you would have to split the tractor to repair.
Wayne

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: