SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Kubota M8030 how to prime hydraulic pump.

Rob Bowman Just rebuilt the hydraulic pump on my M 8030 how can I get it to prime it is not self priming.
jm. Bob, just pull the manual kill so the tractor will not start. Then take a rag wrap around an air hose and put around an air hose. Put air pressure there where you fill the unit after about a minute have someone crank the tractor over then about a minute latter push the knob in and go on and let it start. Continue to hole pressure for another minute. Should pick up and work. Let me know if this does not work and there are more things that can be done but this should get you going. jm.
Rob Bowman Thanks for your quick response. I'll give that a try when I get home tonight. How long should I expect it to take to purge all the air out before I see some movement in the 3point arms?
jm. From the pump on up will or should be no air. If you do not get it to pick up the lift arms after about two tries as I have outlined do not continue to run the tractor or you will suffer pump damage. Depending on where the tractor is parked or how cold the oil is will make a lot of difference. Would like it to be warm or at least not below freezing. Again do not try over a couple of times if the lift does not come right on up and work within a minute of starting the engine. Air for about a minute, then no start for minutes then fire the engine for a minute, lift should work within a minute.
Rob Bowman JM I tried twice following your procedure with no success.
There is a bleed hole on the suction side that when removed, hydraulic fluid comes out.
Is it possible that the pump wasn't my problem and I have another issue down line. If so what next.
Thanks for taking your time with me.

jm. Well yes if you putting air to the fill port forces air out there then you have oil to the pump. Lets back up what was the ORIGINAL problem, did the tractor hydraulics get slow when hot (weak pump) on just work one day then not work at all next time? (stepped drive gear). Click on the jm. and see if it will let you send me a e mail with your phone number and I will call you. DO NOT put your number out here in the open .

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: