SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L210 Hydraulic issue

Scott Afternoon:

With the hydraulic reservoir and the main gear case serviced to the full marks, everything works normal until about 3-6 hours of working the lift through its normal functions.

At that point the lift stops, the hyd tank is empty and the gear case is over serviced (with hyd oil) to the point of pressurizing the case as I open the filler plug.

While I know I have an internal leak is there a way to find it? Is it possible to pull the plate on top of the gear case forward of the piston housing, or remove the forward/aft end cover plates for the hyd piston to verify leakage and order appropriate parts?

or should I flip the coin and change the orings on the piston and give a go?

Thanks.

jm. Scott the piston is the problem most likely but there are a couple of O rings there where the top mounts replace them all. Your problem is there in the lift cover for sure.
Scott Thanks jm. Parts on order.
jm. Let me know how it turns out.
Scott jm:

I removed the forward and aft lift piston covers on the lift cylinder housing. Definite signs of leakage past the piston seals on aft side.

Pulled piston and found oring and backup ring distorted and worn. Cylinder area good with no scratches, etc. and cleaned up nice.

Looks like they were original seals since I broke the paint taking off the covers. Have new seals but haven't fixed or run yet as tractor is at a camp accessible by boat only and the landing is closed for a month.

A second question if I may: Are the extra holes in the lower lift links, next to the check chain mounts additional adjustment holes for the upper lifting rods?

Seems like the lower links should extend lower more like my 8N. Thanks.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: