SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

kubota b2150 hydrostatic trans swap

Paul My transmission in a 1993 Kubota b2150 hsd, hydrostatic is bad and I have found one out of a later model b21 series its like a 2000 + model not sure the exact year, but was wondering of the compatibility of these two. Would it be possible to swap hydrostatic transmissions? The one I am looking at is already out so I do not know what functions it has, but the one in my tractor has 3 ranges low, med, high, and is a 4x4,with power steering, Any info and what to look for would be helpful.
jm. Paul NO the b2150 was a some time before the b21 backhoe. The B 21 is actually a stronger transmission even thought smaller in size. What is wrong with you b 2150 transmission? Is it in the range part or in the hydrostatic part. Just a few gears and bearings in the 3 range part but lots more complicated in the hydro part/
Paul tractor has week ground speed in forward and reverse, and the more you run it the worse it gets, and has the typical hydro whine, and when it gets warmed up it wont even move in high gear. I have done the typical service like changing oil and filter(TDH oil)and cleaning strainer and looking for leaks, but no luck, and am having a hard time finding a replacement, if that's what it takes. The only thing I haven't done is take the cooler off the front and clean it real good.
The rest of the hydraulics like pto, fel, 3 point and power steering function well

jm. Steering,loader and the rest of the hydraulics are off different system, engine driven pump. The hydrostat is a lot of moving parts and when you go into one it is difficult to determine what to replace. It has some brass end plates on the end of the pump and motor. You can go in and replace those but most times that only buys 300 hrs or so. Lots of labor in removing the transmission. Complete transmission is over $2,200 dealer cost. Great when they are going but expensive to repair. Using non KUBOTA fluid sometimes causes early problems.
Paul Thanks for the reply Jim, I did call dealer and they told me that its no longer available, but maybe I should try other dealers, Also maybe looking for some leads on a used one or will have to tear into this one to see what's really wrong.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: