SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4020 power shift stuck in park

Don Taylor Got an early model 4020..sticks in park, what is the adjustment for that...
ponymare Does it have an external cable or linkage, it may just need to be cleaned and lubed.
Don Taylor it has external linkage ..goes down right side behind the battery box..lubed, does not help.
IHTimmy There you go guessing agan ponymare
ponymare And how did coming off like an ahole help the guy fix his tractor?
IHTimmy Have you ever worked on one it seems like you guess all the time
ponymare Seeing as how you haven't told the guy how to fix it must mean that the guys in the shop where you hang out are too busy to tell you.
IHTimmy I'm going to tell him to go to your local John Deere dealer and talk to the shop foreman or a mechanic and ask him what could be wrong and that's better than telling somebody just oil the linkage and I will probably fix it I try to call a friend of mine was a John Deere mechanic for 25 years
IHTimmy The cable could be stuck or one of the ends that holds the cable in position came off take the end off at the linkage that goes to your park linkage then try get it out of gear make sure you have the tires blocked when you do this and if you can't get it out then it's in the park lock linkage On The is a plate you take off And look at

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: