SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford NAA problem

jack The exhaust sound of the tractor suddenly became louder when I started it the other day. It also has lost some horsepower, almost dies going up slight incline. I suspect a blown head gasket, or maybe a cracked exhaust manifold. I'm not much of a mechanic so I'd appreciate any comments.
mark sr You need to inspect the exhaust system and if possible do a compression test. Have you pulled and inspected the sparkplugs? made sure all the plug wires are connected securely?
Bob in KS Simple things first. Check for bad muffler and burned or mis-gapped points. Gap at .025. If points age bad replace with good quality ones, not the cheapies that come in a kit
Doug NAA runs good at idle, but misses at higher RPM.
Jim L Doug, you should start your own post rather than join one. If your NAA hasn't had a tuneup for awhile try that first.
jack OK. Just checked compression. plugs on each end get about 60 lbs, about 5 lbs with 2 center plugs
Jim L Hi Jack, just noticed your response. It sounds like your suspicion of a blown head gasket is correct. Did it overheat lately? If you're going to fix him yourself, be sure to have the head checked for warping. Hopefully that's all it is. Good luck, and let us know what you did.
jack Solved the problem. Sold the tractor, bought a new Kubota with a backhoe

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: