SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

9n ford tractor problems

joe moretti I was mowing with my 9n Tractor with a 6'woods finish mower and after about 20 minutes it cuts out bad like it is starved for fuel. When I shut the PTO off it runs fine to park it. I let it cool down and tried again. I mowed for about 5 minutes and it did the same thing. Any ideas ?

mark sr Have you checked/cleaned the fuel filters?
ponymare Is it still 6 volt or been changed to 12, either way, if you can eliminate fuel problems, check the coil and point setting.
Jim L It could be the ignition switch, which you can bypass to eliminate. If it's still 6 volts it could be the ballast resistor. It could be the condenser but I would suspect the coil. When it starts cutting out, shut it off and jump down and feel the coil to see if it's hot. Let us know what you find.
Bill Anderson About 3 weeks ago I was plowing snow and while backing up the motor just quit, I replaced the coil & the generator cut out, still no go.
Steve Bird I had the same problem for 2 years until I found out that there was a tiny little screen at the end of the fuel line that inserts into the carburetor. It had mosquitoes and other small items in it. It would run great for 10 minutes or so until all that junk would eventually get so tight the fuel wouldn't run through it fast enough. Sounds like the problem to me.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: