SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

53 jubilee hydraulics

steven s seward my 3 point hitch goes to the top at start up and cant be controlled by the selector. Just replaced piston,rings and that's all. worked ok before I did this. Any ideas?? thanks
Jim L Howdie Steven, welcome to the 'N' series forum. My first thought is that something like control linkage didn't get put back together right. I would remove the right side inspection plate and watch what happens when you move the control lever up and down. By the way one of the guys on here, Mark Sr. has some experience with his Jube. He told us awhile back about a pick up tube, if I remember right that can fall off of one of the bolts for that inspection plate and needs to be put back on by reaching in through the right side plate. He should be along here any time to chime in. If you don't see anything obvious, let us know and maybe we can help.
steven s seward Thanks for responding. The only linkage I took loose was the draft control linkage when I removed the cylinder to get the piston out, and it went back the same. This may be a clue, When I first pulled the top cover off, the back pressure valve bushing was already all the way backed out so the valve couldn't have been up against the pump housing. I put it back right when I went back with it. Don't know if any of this relates to anything but I'm learning.
steven s seward Ok, I backed off the back pressure valve bushing under the acorn nut, so the valve is not making contact with the cylinder housing and the lift can be controlled now. Somebody explain that to me. Stopped up back pressure valve?
mark sr Did you bleed the system well when you put it back together?
steven s seward I never had all the oil out of the sump. Ive put it together and its working ok now. I realize leaving the back pressure valve backed off is not right. I had to get it out of my shop for the time being until I get enough info to dig back into it. Thanks
Jim L Thanks Steven for the up-date. I've never gotten in to my hydraulic system on my '54, except for bleeding the system after splitting the tractor for clutch issues. I got a lot of experience with the Ferguson system on my project 2N tractor.
steven seward Does anyone have an exploded view of the back pressure valve I could look at. Is it something I could fix or is it a sealed unit you just have to buy? Thanks.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: