SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 641 gas in crankcase

Ron Stracener after sitting through the winter inside shop when I started the tractor it pumped gas into the oil and started blowing out the oil fill cap. could this be a stuck intake valve ?
Jim L Hi Ron, welcome to the forum. You really should post this on the forum above this one. It's for Ford Tractors like yours. This one is for the 'N' series. But since you asked, I would have to say, that's a lot of gas to be pumped into the crank case through a stuck valve. I'm thinking it drained into the crank case while sitting through the winter due to a faulty needle and seat. Do you close the shut off valve?
mark sr I agree. I always shut the gas off when done for the day. Once it becomes part of your routine you won't think twice about it.
dan hill The 641 is closer to an NNA.The 9n is nothing like an NNA.Time to spank administration.Ron you need to understand updraft carbs and gravity feed fuel systems better.Shut the gas off when you park the tractor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: