SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 3000 pedal cross shaft removal

Cathal Hey guys , I have a diesel ford 3000 1971 tractor to which I canít remove the pedal cross shaft as there seems to be a key one side of the shaft stopping it from being pressed threw, anyone know how to remove this shaft ? Thanks
sixbales Howdy Cathal, welcome to the SSB tractor forum.

Remove the keys from keyway of the cross shaft and remove thrust washer. Remove all burrs from right end of shaft, then withdraw shaft from center housing and clutch pedal.

thepumpguysc Gonna need some sandpaper to get all the rust off the shaft so the levers will slide..
A light tap here & there w/ a hammer will usually get thing moving.. DONT SKIMP on the sandpaper part of the procedure..
& DONT "BEAT" on anything.. a light tapping is all ya need.

Re: ford 3000 pedal cross shaft removal

Fig 1

Cathal Hey guys thanks for the responses , the key is petrifying so itís stopping me from pushing the shaft threw the hole in the center housing and theres no keyway for me to alighn the key up with and push it through , have I missed something or have I not takin a washer or .. something out ?
Cathal Pertruding *
thepumpguysc I have to admit I'v never actually worked on that piece BUT it never stopped me before.. Lol
You have to remove the key..
using a punch, hit one end of it "down".. the other end will come up.. grab it w/ a pair of "wire cutters" & squeeze & pull up.. the key should come out of the slot..
DONT loose the key..

Cathal Thanks mate done that and yes Iíve kept the key safe ! 😂 I think I may have put myself threw a lot of unnecessary work I have a leak in hydraulic fluid when pressure is on the arms and I thaught the shaft was worn which it kind of is to be honest but not too bad, now I think the leak could be coming from where you split the tractor under the seat I think the gasket is non existent, is it a big job to split the tractor in the rear ?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):