SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 515 mower

Jeryl Wood Need some help on how the break-back assembly (Pullback bar) parts should be assembled. Believe I have them all. Anyone with an exploded diagram of the assembly I could see would be a big help. It looks like the inside bar was rewelded, but perhaps they put the parts back in the wrong order.
Am perplexed!

winston Have you looked this sight over? http://www.ntractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/1339.html
Jeryl Wood Yes I have that manual but it doesn't show an exploded view of the parts and their order, within the break-back assembly. My assembly didn't work when I took it apart and I believe it was due to how it had been repaired once, and put back together in the wrong order. When I try what I think is the correct order, the inside rod is too short. I may have to do some cutting and other improvising to get this to work correctly but a clear schematic, or verbal instruction from someone who's done it, would really help.
winston I hear you. I mounted one of those on a Yanmar 2002D a few years back. I can't remember details but I had to do quite a bit of guess work fabricating because the Yanmar didn't have the break back attaching bracket. Never did get the mower to cut worth a hoot, finally sold it.

The picture of the frame assembly here no help? http://www.ntractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/6041.html

Terry Gallagher Does anyone know where to go for a Ford 515 mower "Break-Back Attaching Bracket"? Either used or an aftermarket source here on the internet? I have not been able to track the bracket down.
Thanks,
Terry
terrygallagher@comcast.net

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: