SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

How to Run and Operate a Caterpillar Dozer Safely

Johnny Hello. I'm new here and a new dozer owner. Ive always run tractors and trucks, but never a tracked machine. Like Alex in the previous post, I could use lots of advice.

Where do I even start here.. Stuff like: Can I "turn" with a loaded blade, or does all work need to happen with both tracks pushing forward? Can I reverse direction without coming to a complete stop (powershift)? And any other Cat D6D tips you'll have would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!

leonard j etta You can make gradual turns while dozing, however
when you back up to make a new cut,you must
plan your next push as you are backing into possition,thereby nearly eliminating the need for
any correction steering,[I note this while observing
operators] able to tell of their experience,there is
much,much to learn,like playing a piano,cannot learn
from a book,just get on and push.there is no need
for a complete stop with a power shift,if de-cellerator [spell check dont work] is o.k. power
shift is very for-giving in this application.
You would do well by observing another operator.
more questions?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):