SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

How to Run and Operate a Caterpillar Dozer Safely

Johnny Hello. I'm new here and a new dozer owner. Ive always run tractors and trucks, but never a tracked machine. Like Alex in the previous post, I could use lots of advice.

Where do I even start here.. Stuff like: Can I "turn" with a loaded blade, or does all work need to happen with both tracks pushing forward? Can I reverse direction without coming to a complete stop (powershift)? And any other Cat D6D tips you'll have would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!

leonard j etta You can make gradual turns while dozing, however
when you back up to make a new cut,you must
plan your next push as you are backing into possition,thereby nearly eliminating the need for
any correction steering,[I note this while observing
operators] able to tell of their experience,there is
much,much to learn,like playing a piano,cannot learn
from a book,just get on and push.there is no need
for a complete stop with a power shift,if de-cellerator [spell check dont work] is o.k. power
shift is very for-giving in this application.
You would do well by observing another operator.
more questions?
leon

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: