SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

420D Backhoe Loader

Dale I had a failure of the forward reverse switch on the steering wheel shaft left side. We are out in a jungle and far from service parts. I took the switch apart and simply cut the white wire and patched it over to the yellow and the shifter worked fine for months until then it will not start now. I am getting voltage to all fuse circuits with the exception of the 20 amp start relay fuse. I checked voltages to and from the ignition switch and all is fine including the start wire to whatever and wherever it continues on to but never gets to the fuse panel. I jumped the 20 amp fuse to +12Vdc and the tractor started but would not move forward or reverse. I replaced the old patched up F&R switch with a brand new one and the tractor still will not start with the key switch and does not move when the F&R lever is switched. The problem seems to be a component between the key switch and the fuse panel and possibly an interlock of some type. I would appreciate a reply if someone knows about or has had this problem also, thanks.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: