SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

unable to start

Les Bennett hi i have a 941B excavator that I am unable to start was going and starting ok is turning over and will fire on easy start past owner said that one time he was unable to start it and after a lot of looking found out it was to do with the linkage to the diesel cut out has anyone had this happen? and where to start looking throttle is hard to move,bucket is down and I don't want to start having to fight my way into the engine compartment if it is to do with the linkage before that?
catmech please give a serial number of machine and or engine!

AJ The 941B should have a 3304 engine with a scroll metering injector pump,its my guess that the shutdown lever has been left in the stop position and the rack has stuck in that position,if when cranking the engine over there is no smoke coming from the exhaust it is almost certain thats what's wrong,the side plate on the pump will have to be removed and the rack freed,the throttle should be always pulled to the fully open position after shutdown to avoid this happening.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: