SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580 K

Terry Directional lights don't flash but stay on steady they also work backwards with the directional light switch,move directional lever down left side lights light up,move directional handle up and right side lights light Where is the flasher and how do you get to it thanks!
AJ Has someone messed with the electrics?,the flasher unit should be under the console that carries the turn switch,the the console off to access it,sounds like the turn switch is fitted upside down,mount it the other way up.
AJ

Terry Don't know much about the tractor,just bought it and still sorting things out on it.The electrics could very well be messed up,the knobs on the light switches are all broken and they appear to be some odd ball stem size.Used vice grips to activate them to try to get lights working.I'm gaining one little step at a time!!I'll check that turn signal switch and see if it is mounted wrong!Thanks for the quick response,this forum is awesome.Hopefully I'll be able to help someone someday!
AJ If you are new to the machine check all the turn signal bulbs,if they are the wrong wattage or voltage that can cause the flasher unit to malfunction,if you do not have a parts book you can look up the parts online at the link below,open the link,on the menu bar left click on parts by model,new page,type in 580K only and search,two 580K are shown,I think yours is a series 2 so click on the bottom one,then the sub section you want.
AJ
http://partstore.casece.com/us/

Terry You are right I'm new to this machine!It's a 1988 I think the serial number as listed in the parts book is the early numbersequence.The electrics have been messed up.I think they may have had bigger bulbs in the lights since some of the lenses appear to be melted.Some bulbs were broken off in the sockets which I finally got out and replaced them with the correct ones.Now they seem to light when they are suppose to but won't flash.That is when I noticed that the directional work backwards.Now to get to the flasher you have to pull the steering wheel??
AJ No need to take the s/wheel off,the console is split,some screws on the top under the wheel,take the outside panel off and you will see what is what,if yo look at the drawing on fig 4-032 you can see the layout,the correct bulbs are most important as if the wattage is too low the flasher will not work,the turn signal bulbs should be 12 volt 21 watt.
AJ

Terry 580 K flasher I can't seem to get console around steering column off I can't see any screws holding it unless they are under the steering wheel and that brings up the question of how the steering wheel comes off?There seems to be two 3/16 holes tapped into the wheel but they seem to be small for a puller?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: